Thursday, November 28, 2013

Being Thankful




Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays (along with just about every other holiday). My family always goes to my parents house for Thanksgiving, except for this year it seems like no one is coming.  Unfortunately this year my family seems to be splitting up where they are all going.  My parents, sister, and I along with my grandma will all be at my parents house for Thanksgiving as usual, but my uncle and cousin on my moms side is spending Thanksgiving with his girlfriends family and my aunt (my dad's sister), uncle, and cousins on my dad's side are going to celebrate Thanksgiving with my uncles family (the other half of their family).  Unfortunately I don't have a very large family and with so many of them not coming to Thanksgiving this year it's going to be pretty small.  I am a little disappointed I won't get to celebrate with my entire family, but Thanksgiving is supposed to be a time of thanks, not disappointments.  So instead of getting upset about the lack of family coming, I'd much rather be thankful for all the wonderful things in my life.

Here how we set up our table this year.  I did the best I could with what we had in the house. lol
I loved the little pine cones with the little card that read "feeling especially thankful for...".  I had everyone write something they were thankful for this year and we shared what we wrote during dinner.  Dinner was absolutely delicious! We had so much food! I'll definitely be having leftovers for the few days.  We also found the best recipe for our turkey this year and it's definitely going to be our go to recipe from now on.  It was so moist and tasted wonderful!


Thanksgiving as a day to really reflect on all the great things life has blessed us with and be thankful for them.  Its easy for life to get away from us, and its easy to spend more time focusing on the negative in life rather than all the wonderful things! So today is truly a great day to bring you back to everything wonderful and special going on in your life.  This year I have so much to be thankful for!

I'm thankful for my family. I have been truly blessed with a loving, caring, and supportive family.  My parents are always there to offer me advice, guidance, support, and love.  My sister is my best friend.  I know she has my back and always wishes the best for me.  My whole family has been with me through all of my ups and downs, and I can always count on them to cheer me up when I've had a rough day.

Here's me and my sister before dinner.  Sorry for the bad iphone photo quality!

I'm thankful for my friends. I truly have some amazing friendships! I'm so blessed to have such a close best friend from high school who I still keep in touch with! Although we went to separate colleges we still keep in contact and when summer and winter break come around It's like we were never separated.  She has truly been with me through everything and I can't thank her enough for all she's done for me! I've also met such great friends in college who I know I will keep in touch with outside of college. 

I'm thankful for the opportunities I have had.  I realize that I am very fortunate and I have opportunities that many others do not get, and for that I am very thankful. 

I'm thankful for my education.  I am so fortunate to be able to go to college and get a degree that will allow me to work in the field I love.

I'm thankful for my health, and the good health of my family and friends.

What are you thankful for this year?






1 comment:

  1. That table looks great! :)

    What a great list of things to be thankful for :) I am thankful for my boyfriend, my family and friends and definitely for blogging too.


    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...