Sunday, December 22, 2013

Cookies and Cocktails

Last night my mom, my sister and I set up shop in the kitchen to make some cookies and have a few drinks.  My mom and I are on the look out for a good holiday drink to make when family comes over on Christmas.  If you have any festive drinks please let me know! We will definitely try them out!

First we started making my favorite cookies of all time, Kahlua Chocolate Chip Cookies! They are delicious!  For whatever reason my sister doesn't like them but everyone else loves them!

Kahlua Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:


2 1/4 cups flour                                             1 package (4 -serving size) vanilla instant pudding mix
1 tsp baking soda                                          2 eggs
2/3 cups butter, softened                               2 cups chocolate chips
1/4 sugar                                                       1 cup chopped pecans
3/4 cups brown sugar, packed firmly           1/2 cup flaked coconuts
1/3 cup Kahlua

Directions: 
Mix together flour and baking soda and set aside.

In another bowl, combine butter, both sugars, Kahlua, and pudding mix.  Blend until creamy.  Beat in eggs.  Gradually blend in flour and baking soda.  Then add chocolate chips, pecans, and coconut.


Chill the dough for 1-2 hours.
Place dough on ungreased baking sheets.


Bake at 375 for 9 minutes.



While the cookie dough was refrigerating we decided to make a cocktail my mom found online.  She wants to find a few holiday drinks to make when the family comes over! So tonight we tried Candycane Martinis

Ingredients:
1 Shot of Vanilla Rum
1 Shot of White Chocolate Liqueur
1 Shot of Peppermint Schnapps

All you have to do is fill a shaker with ice, add a shot of each, shake well and serve with a candy cane garnish! Its that simple! 

Unfortunately my mom and I weren't huge fans of it.  I think it was the creamy taste and the peppermint mixed together that I didn't like.  It started off really good but after a few sips I couldn't drink much more.  But if you're a huge peppermint fan this drink is definitely for you! 

Once The cookie dough had refrigerated for a while we started baking cookies.  While the cookies were in the oven I decided to take some photos of the house and decorations all lit up at night time.  I love Christmas decorations! So here is what our house looks like.




These are some of the decorations on our front porch


Finally.. here are our Christmas tree fully decorated and lit.  Yes we have two Christmas trees.  We have one artificial and one real tree that we cut down every year.  My mom decorates the artificial one with more expensive, and usually nicer decorations and the real one gets filled with all the decorations my sister and I made when we were younger in addition to some nicer ornaments as well.



I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season so far! I can't believe Christmas is in 3 days! I still have to wrap all my presents!  

Does anyone have any good holiday cocktails they'd like to share with me?

What are some of your favorite cookies to make around Christmas?

3 comments:

  1. Your house looks so pretty! I love the trees and the porch lights, they look magical!
    The cookies and cocktail sound amazing - I love peppermint so it sounds great!
    Jess from http://theadorabledork.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Kahlua cookies?! How have I not made these before?! Thanks for sharing this recipe, it looks delicious!
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...