Saturday, December 21, 2013

Wardrobe Essentials Part 1: For Work

I decided I wanted to put together a little wardrobe essentials guide for myself because I've been doing a massive clean out of my closet ( here is how I'm doing it ).  I am going to be donating a lot of the clothes that  I've been holding onto but never actually wearing.  So with all the extra room I'm making in my closet and drawers, I figured making an essential wardrobe guide would help me fill up all the empty space with clothing that I will use often and need on a daily basis.  This is going to be a 4 part series and today I will be starting off with wardrobe essentials for work.  So without further ado here's my list of essential clothing items for the workplace.

Part 1: For Work 

The Perfect Black Blazer - The black blazer is a great piece to have in your closet.  It can really pull an outfit together.  Pair it with a nice blouse and some dress pants and you'll have a polished and professional look.  Here's some of my favorite picks!




Basic Cardigans - Cardigans are great in the winter and during chilly days! They are so comfy! Cardigans are a little more casual than blazers and are perfect when you want to be comfy and cozy but still look professional.  When I was doing my teaching practicums during the winter months I always wore blazers! They kept me warm but they were also great because I could take a layer off if I got too warm. Here's a few of my picks.




A White Blouse - A white blouse is essential to have in your closet.  It works perfectly under a blazer or a cardigan and it matches every single color you could possibly want to wear... ever!



Other Dress Shirts - Obviously you want to have other shirts besides white blouses.  I picked a few button up shirts as well as some other blouses and dress shirts that could be worn on their own or layer with a blazer or cardigan.  I had to break this one up a bit because I found so many shirts I liked!



 
I had to throw in some polka dots on this one!





Blank Pants - Black pants are a must have in the work world! I really don't even need to explain anymore.  Here's a few options that caught my eye.


and finally a Pencil Skirt is a great addition to a working girls wardrobe.  Its classy and very feminine. Here are some cute ones I found and love!


With just these few key pieces you can easily look classy, polished, and professional during your work week.  


Look out for the rest of the series:








6 comments:

  1. i have nominated you for an Leibster award you can check it out here!
    http://hello-gutentag.blogspot.ca/2013/12/leibster-award.html

    Jenn xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...