Monday, January 6, 2014

10 Favorite Things About the New Year

Today I will be linking up with Brianna from Endlessly Beloved.  I found her blog a few weeks ago and loved it from the moment I saw it!  She is just the sweetest! Each month she has a 10 favorite things link-up and this month it's 10 favorite things about the New Year!
Endlessly BeLoved


1. A Fresh Start - The New Year is like a fresh start! You can really decide what you want to do and who you want to be and start the year off with a clean slate.


2. Motivation - For whatever the reason, New Years seems to motivate a lot of people... Probably because they think of it as a fresh start, clean slate, new beginning, etc. I'm no exception, New Years always motivates me to start working on all the things I want to improve on my life. Since motivation is key to staying on track with your resolutions, I always have quotes and pictures on my phone, computer, and around my room to remind me of my end goal.


3. New Resolutions - I love making New Years Resolutions for myself.  They are great and give me  something to focus on throughout the year!  I also set short term goals for each resolution so I don't get distracted or stray from my goals.
 
4. Reflecting Back to the Past Year - 2013 was a great year! Looking back and at it and reminding myself of everything I've accomplished, all the fun I've had, all the new experiences, and even some of the bad things that have happened is great!  It makes me reflect, and learn from my past.  There are certainly things I will never do again, there are definitely lessons I've learned through hardship, but there is also a lot I can't wait to do again, and a lot I'm thankful to have experienced!    


5. New Outlook - A new year gives me a new outlook on life, a more positive outlook (because I tend to have high expectations for the year to come) After reflecting back on the past year I can say that I have learned a lot and I have changed a great deal, maybe not on the outside, maybe not so much that people in my life can see, but on the inside where I can see it.
 
6. New Experiences and Opportunities - With a new year comes 365 days of new experiences and opportunities.  You never know what tomorrow will bring, and this year I want to take advantage of as many opportunities as I can and try to experience as much as possible! 


7. Beginning Student Teaching and Graduating - A new year in generally marks the start of new classes at school, however this new year marks the beginning of my student teaching experience! Last semester I finished up all of my classes at college and now student teaching is the only thing left.  After this semester of student teaching I will be graduating in May and am so excited! Hopefully I'll get a job too and that will just be icing on the cake!
 
8. Opening Up A New Chapter - A new year is like opening up a new chapter in a book.  You can write what you want, and make the year what you want to make it.    

 
9. New Years Eve - New Year's Eve is just such a fun night of celebrations!  Whether I'm celebrating New Years out at a party, or relaxing at home with close friends and family it's a great time!
 
10. Another Birthday - A new year means another birthday for me! and it's only 5 months (May 27th) away now!  This year I'm going to be 22!

11 comments:

  1. yay for graduating! and i completely agree...the new year motivates me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not big on resolutions myself but I love the motivation that comes with a new year! That's awesome that you get to student teach and graduate this year! How exciting! That's what I love about a new year- so much to look forward to! Thank you so much for linking up girl! You're the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your list!! :) Yes to all of them!!!! Yay for graduating soon, and yay for your student teaching journey!! :)
    good luck and hope the new year brings you lots of good things. :)
    Adri @ Adri's Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on school and good luck with student teaching! How exciting! I love the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck with student teaching. Mine was in the spring too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! How do you feel about student teaching? I have a friend who's pretty nervous about it but he did just fine. He's a teacher now :)

    I wish you luck! Cheers to the new year!

    -Per (from the linkup) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fun year ahead! Love this link up party...it's fun to see everyone's favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great list. isn't it wonderful to have a fresh start every day, and every year? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Found you through Brianna's linkup! I completely agree about the motivation that comes with a new year...like you, I enjoy reflecting back over the highs and lows of the past year, which makes me even more motivated to make improvements in 2014!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...