Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Midweek Confessions

Now that the holidays are over I'm attempting to get back to a normal routine.  You know the one where I don't stay up until 1 every night, sleep in until 10 or 11 every morning, and where I actually make it to the gym a few times a week.  Well... lets just say its a very slow transition I'm making at the moment! Anyways... I haven't done any midweek confessions in a while so I figured now that the holidays are over it might be a good time to start them up again.  Plus I have plenty to share at the moment.

So speaking of this slow transition I'm having...

one. I have this philosophy of mine where if I sleep in until 10 or anytime later I feel like my day is wasted! Literally I feel like so much of my day is gone because I've slept in so late.  Well... lets just say I've had a lot of wasted days recently.  Sleeping in until 11 have become the norm for me and I am not happy about it! Granted I allowed it after I finished my finals last semester before the holidays because well i deserved it! It was a recovery period for me.  Then I allowed it throughout the holidays because why not? It was a time to relax, plus with all the holiday parties and event I don't think I went to bed most nights until 2 or later.  But now I've got to kick my butt into gear and get moving! Especially since I'm trying to substitute teach during my time off from school.  lets see how I feel when that 5:30 AM alarm alarm goes off...

two. Again my laziness has gotten the best of me! I think I have done maybe 4 loads of laundry since I've been home and they are all piled in a laundry basket waiting to be folding.  At this point I feel like I'm going to need to iron everything I own because of all the wrinkles!

three.  I have become obsessed with the show prison break.  I've been watching it on Netflix and I cannot get enough of it!  On the days when I could go to bed early and actually get a good night sleep I end up staying up to watch 1 or 2 episodes of that damn show!

four.  My room has seen better days... beside the just pile of unfolded, clean laundry in my room, I also have clothes I've worn thrown everywhere at the moment.  I've been traveling a lot... not far, just visiting friends and going on overnight trips but it has certainly taken a toll on my room! Clothes everywhere, papers everywhere! It's killing me! It's definitely time to clean, organize, and purge! 

five.  random... but I ate wayyyy to much dip and drank wayy to much sangria than I should have last night! oh well... #yolo  But seriously... I was celebrating a friends birthday and we must have had at least 5 different dips there, pizza, two huge jugs of sangria, cookies, and cupcakes!  It was all delicious though!  But hey, on a positive note... I've been going to the gym recently!

And there you go! I could probably go on but that's all I can remember off the top of my head at the moment!


Is everyone else getting back into their normal routines? Are you having as much trouble doing so as I am?

Do you have any midweek confessions you'd like to share?
 


4 comments:

  1. I am easing into my normal too. A new normal for me... anyway. Love your confessions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having such a problem getting up at 6 each morning - I've been getting 8 or 9 hours sleep but going back to college, I haven't been able to sleep and end up with about 5! It's crazily tough because I'm also doing more! I'm getting back into it gradually though - little breaks after definitely my friends!
    Jess at http://theadorabledork.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE prison break! my boyfriend and I watched the entire series in like a week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness thank you for making me feel more normal with these confessions! There's nothing I hate more than waking up late and feeling like I've wasted my whole day! Must be a future teacher thing ;) Good luck waking up at 5:30, and don't feel bad about that sangria- you have to live a little!

    {Chelsea}
    chelseagrowingup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...