Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Years Inspiration #2014BloggerChallenge


I decided to participate in Gaby's 2014 Blogger Challenge over at her blog.  The first post is New Year's Inspiration! When I saw this topic I was thrilled because I was already putting together a few motivational quotes and pictures for myself and now I'm going to share them with you! With so many people making so many different New Year's resolutions, its hard to find one quote to encompass them all, so instead I found a few favorites of mine that pertain to multiple areas of life!



First off, I just want to start this post off by saying that I think New Years resolutions are a great idea, however, they can be very difficult to stick with for an entire year!  Want to know my little tip to help you keep up with these resolutions all year?  Make short term goals for each resolution.  Make a short term goal each month or every few months.  These goals should aim to get you closer to completing your New Years resolutions and every couple of months can change to reflect the progress you have made! Here's my New Years resolutions and my short term goals for the next few months.  I can't wait to see all that I can accomplish this year! I can already tell its going to be a big year for me and my family! My parents are hitting some milestones in their ages and marriage (25 years and going strong), and both my sister and I will be graduating, my sister from high school and I from college.  This will be a year of celebrations and joy for my family and I cannot wait to see where we will be next year!



This quote truly shows the value in making short term goals.  A long term resolution is great to have but it seems hard to stay focused on them when you have a whole year to make it happen.  It's easy to put it off and say I'll work on it tomorrow or I still have plenty of time, but time goes by so fast and before you know it the year is gone and your resolution remains not met!





I always find that the first few weeks are the easiest, you're motivated, you're excited, you're ready for a new year and a new you! But then what happens? life... your job, school, and your social life all get in the way.  You get tired, you get busy, I get it! I'm right there with you.  I've made all the excuses and I've stopped working towards my new years resolutions before.  The only problem is when the next year comes I still have the same resolutions that I never bothered to work towards last year! Its a vicious cycle, but this year it's ending for me!  Bad days, even bad weeks happen, they are inevitable but they don't have to kill your progress.  If you have a bad day, or week, or if you lose sight of your goals, don't give up! Pick yourself back up and start again!



Inspiration can be a powerful motivator.  Without inspiration comes excuses, and a lack of motivation to continue.  Inspiration can be anything, a quote, picture, family member, whatever it is that makes you want to be better! Find what inspires you and motivates you and post it in your office, your bedroom, write it down in your phone I don't care! But put it there so it can be a daily reminder and motivator of all you want to accomplish this year.  



I think one of the most important things to remember is this quote above.  You do not have to be great to start!  Some people are too scared to start things because they are afraid of being made fun of or not being good at it.  But you will never get better and you will never know your potential if you don't start and give it a try! Great people are not great because they sat around too scared or worried about what others thought.  They went out and did what they wanted to do!



I also love the quote above because I literally think about this every year! No matter what you do, time always passes, whether your working towards your resolutions or not.  Who cares how long it takes you, what matters is that you're working towards a better you! Don't think to yourself you can't accomplish your resolution because it will take to long! The time will pass anyways and you'll still be at the same spot if you don't start working towards it! So don't wait until tomorrow, or next week, start now!




It's also good to remember the accomplishments you have made in the past! don't forget about all you have accomplished before this year, and certainly don't put yourself down by thinking about what you have failed to do.  Take pride in your accomplishments, past and present.  Celebrate the accomplishment of mini goals working up to your big new years resolutions (remember those short term goals... accomplishing them is a cause for celebration!)  They can help motivate you to continue towards your new years resolutions.  Also, have faith in yourself that you can, and will, accomplish your resolutions.


I hope some of these quotes provide you not only with the inspiration and motivation you need to get started on your new years resolutions, but also inspiration and motivation to help you continue with them throughout the entire year! I have faith in all of you that you can accomplish as much as you want to accomplish this year, so lets make this year a good one!




What are some of your New Years resolutions?

How do you stay motivated throughout the year to stick to your resolutions?









9 comments:

  1. quite a few of those are on my mirror right now. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these quotes - and the post that marries them all up is so well written. Gosh, I wish I'd had your head on my shoulders at 21 ;-)
    Have you read the book 'The Happiness Project' by Gretchen Ruben? It's a really great book that details one womans journey into doing exactly what you've set out here; setting small managable goals that when achieved all make for some pretty big changes. Not necessarily life changes, but changes in attitude and how we look at life and relate to others. Essentially, how to uncover the potential happiness in our lives that we never tap into because we never just sit and look at the things we have to be grateful for. We often don't see them till they are no longer there.
    In love your ethos, spirit and pluck, and I can't wait to see what else you have on store for the coming year.
    Love Vicky
    http://www.aroundandupsidedown.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the one about not letting a bad day ruin your confidence, sometimes it's hard when bad things happen to want to get up and continue, but that's what gets you places, and lifts your mood, by fighting and carrying on.

    Can't wait to see what you write for the rest of the project.

    Roxanne @ Simply Roxilicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post, great quotes!
    Danielle xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love every single one of these quotes! My favorite has to be the second one, I completly agree that if you don't like something in your life change it. Great post, can't wait to keep reading your post for the challenge.

    xo Franchesca
    cityymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the idea of short term goals, it would really keep you motivated for a much longer time! Loved your first post, I can't wait to read your next one:)

    beautyandurban.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make a great point - the first step might be the hardest or even the simplest but it's the most important whatever your goals or even if they don't turn out as you had hoped they might. Your making the step, your trying which regardless of any outcome is always something.

    Thank you for taking the time to comment on my 2014 blogger challenge post - means a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post, very inspiring and very well written. You have chosen some great quotes and as you commented on my post it seems we think alike as we have chosen some of the same quotes.

    I am looking forward to reading more of your posts in 2014.

    Lx
    www.blogbehindthelook.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The second quote is my favourite, so many people complain about their lives and moan about how they wish they could do xyz. Life is full of excuses for people not to do things. I certainly want to take this on board this year so that my life is more fulfilling and happier.
    Laura x
    My Life in a Blog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...