Monday, January 20, 2014

Skincare #2014BloggerChallenge

For those of you who don't know, the 2014 Blogger Challenge is hosted by Gaby at Another Girly Blog and entails writing two posts month.  Each post's topic is given by Gaby and can be about anything!  This posts topic is all about skincare.  The products you use, things you do, home remedies, etc.  So today I'm going to be talking about my skincare routine.  My routine is very short... almost non-existent, but it works for me.  I don't use a ton of products and I don't use any fancy products either! I can buy everything I need at CVS or basically any grocery store.

So here are the products I use: 




Here's my routine:
Everyday I wash my face in the shower with the Clean and Clear acne scrub.  After my shower I always put CeraVe lotion on my face to make sure it's not too dry and it doesn't start peeling.  I know some people say you shouldn't use a scrub everyday because it an be really harsh on your skin, but I love the exfoliating feeling.  Plus, by putting the lotion on after my shower my skin never ends up too dry.

If I start to see a pimple forming I'll put the Clean and Clear acne spot treatment on it and it usually clears right up within a day or two.  I'll usually apply this once or twice a day.

On days when I'm working, student teaching, subbing, or going out I'll use the Tarte foundation powder on my face to help give myself an even complexion and a nice base for my makeup.  If I just have class, spend the day running errands, or plan on staying at home I usually try to not wear any make-up except for some eyeliner and mascara.  I find that this powder is light and doesn't feel like its clogging up my pores so I really like it!

Finally, I thought I'd throw this in... I always suffer from chapped lips in the winter and it is the worst! I use medicated chapstick right before I go to bed and when I wake up my lips are no longer chapped.  I also use chapstick and Baby Lips Dr. Rescue throughout the day when I feel like my lips are getting a little chapped.     


What are your skincare routines?  Any great products you've found?


If you're part of the 2014 Blogger Challenge feel free to leave your blog post link in the comments and I'll make sure to check out your post!


4 comments:

  1. Great to see and read what you use. I suffer from terrible chapped lips too, but always find Carmex works amazingly.
    Laura x | Life and Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am using the same face wash right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been using a lot of Clean & Clear products lately and I really like them! I even talked about one of the face washes in my own skincare routine post :) Personally, I think a simple routine is better than layering tons of different serums and treatments on your skin everyday.

    Ivy xx
    Style Life Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I love your blog, great work :) please come and have a look at mine. If you decide to follow me, I’ll follow you back :) xx

    http://lifewithalipglosssmile.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...