Saturday, January 4, 2014

Wardrobe Essentials Part 3: Dresses & Shoes

So its time for Part 3 of my Wardrobe Essentials posts.  If you missed parts one or two, the links will be at the bottom of this post! Today I want to share with you some dresses and shoes I think you should have in your closet! 


Dresses: 

Wear to Work Dresses:  I think you should have a few dresses that can be worn in the classroom, office, wherever it is that you work.  As a soon to be teacher, I don't foresee myself wearing dresses everyday however there are days when they may be necessary such as important meetings, conferences, etc.  Work dresses should be conservative and classy, yet still comfortable to wear.  Sleeveless ones should probably be layered under something such as a blazer or cardigan.  Here's my full post of Wardrobe Essentials for Work .  I thought about including these dresses in that post but opted not to... don't ask why, I just did.



Daytime Casual Dresses:  Cute dresses for the daytime are a fun way to add a girly and feminine touch to your outfit.  They can be worn alone or layered under sweaters, cardigans, or blazers.  Sweaters dresses are also great during the winter because they are cute but still keep you warm!



Evening Dresses:  Every once in a while I like to go out and have a good time!  Evening dresses are great for a night out on the town, a girls night out, or for a date night.  They can be fun, flirty, or sexy depending on the occasion.



Little Black Dress: Every women should own one! They can be a lifesaver when you make last minute plans or need a quick outfit for a special occasion.




Shoes:

Ballet Flats:  As a teacher these are my go to shoes! They are definitely a comfy and cute alternative to heels.





Heels:  Heels are a must whether it be for work, interviews, or going out at night.  Classic black or nude heels are great, but heels can also add a pop of color to an outfit.  You can even add a fun print with heels!





Boots: I just love boots,! Any and all kinds, I don't discriminate! They are my go to shoe for the fall and for colder months when sandals and flip flops just wont do!

Boots: Dean Boots  //  Suede Boots  //  Field Boots

 
Other:  This is basically where I put all the other shoes that I wear.  Sandals, flip flops, wedges, and boat shoes in the warmer moths, moccasins and work/snow boots for the colder months and rain boot for when it rains... obvi.

.





Have I missed anything? What else do you think is an essential piece for your wardrobe? 


Here are the links to the rest of the series!
Part 1: For Work
Part 2: Casual Wear
Part 3: Dresses & Shoes
Part 4: Jackets & Accessories 

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...