Sunday, February 2, 2014

Mind Dump and Superbowl Sunday

So unfortunately this place has been neglected for a little while.  Student teaching is taking up all of my time! Luckily I love the experience so much that I'm not complaining.  I'm going to try and at least get in one post a week from now on... well see how that goes!

Now lets talk about whats been on my mind...

Student Teaching
Its been great so far! My students have been taking midterms since last wednesday and they don't finish until this Tuesday so there hasn't been any teaching going on recently... but thats ok because I've been busy with lots of other fun things! I'm learning all the ins and outs of the school, I'm getting to know all the teachers and faculty.. and let me tell you they have been nothing but pleasant! I got to experience my first IEP meeting (definitely not a fun experience, but hey its part of the job).  On the other hand though... I've been helpnig out with the schools peer leadership program.  They are interviewing for next years peer leaders and I'm excited to be a part of that.  Finally, I'm starting to see all of the behind the scenes work that teachers do on a daily basis.  Grading, helping students with problems, trying to teach character education to students.  It's exhausting, tough, and yet still feels somewhat rewarding at times. 

School
During student teaching we have to take one class, a capstone, where we meet once a week.  I've heard in the past that this capstone is a place where we talk about our student teaching, do a little reading, have one big presentation about our experience at the end of the semester and that's about it... nothing too hard right?  Well thats not the case this year.  This year we have to write weekly reflections, we have weekly readings, we have to come up with a topic of research related to what we are teaching, we have to research said topic in our classroom (aka conduct some sort of study on our students about this topic), and then that presentation at the end of the year has to encompass all of this research and all sorts of other fun stuff! Ugh I'm exhausted thinking about it all!

Personal Life
Pretty non existent unfortunately.  I was able to see a few friends Tuesday night last week.  We went out for dinner and some drinks which was fun.  I was also able to see some friends last night which was great! However, most of the time I'm in bed by 10 at the latest... 9 if I'm lucky.  My daily routine goes a little something like this; wake up at 5:30am, shower, eat, and get ready and I'm out the door by 6:50.  I get to my student teaching placement at 7:20, school starts at 7:50 and ends at 2:30.  During the day school day I'm going non stop.  I usually end up leaving school around 4.  I contemplate going to the gym and always decide I'm too tired so I just go home.  I relax for about a half an hour and then work on anything I have to get ready for the next day.  I make dinner, do some more work, and then I usually pass out! 

Weekends are busy too! I get to sleep in though... until 8 woohoo! Saturday I have to run all my errands and go food shopping.  Its also my planning day.  I try to get as much done for my lesson plans as I can on Saturday! Sundays I work all day!!!!! It sucks.  I go in at 11:45 and I'm there til about 9 or 10 at night.  and what sucks even more about this weekend is that I'm working during the superbowl!!!!! I was so upset about this but I'll just have to get over it.  Luckily my work has tv's in it so I'll at least be able to watch it a little (although the food and beer is the best part!!!)

So that's about all I've got  going on for me right now.

What have you been up too?  

Any fun plans for the week ahead?

and What are your plans for the Superbowl?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...