Monday, February 3, 2014

Reading List #2014BloggerChallenge


 I'm really not big on reading. I like books, and when I do read I do enjoy it, but I never seem to find the time or desire to sit down and actually read. I'd rather spend my down time (which I don't have a lot of) watching tv, or reading blogs on the internet. So rather than me tell you how much I loved the last few books I've read all three 50 Shades of Grey books, I seriously couldn't put them down.  I though instead I'd ask you guys for some recommendations.  Here are the two books I have on my reading list at the moment.


1. The Fault in Our Stars - after all the great reviews I know I have to read this book. I actually started it over my winter break but now that I'm back at school I just haven't found the time.



2.  The Dinner by Herman Koch - after reading a quick review on this book I knew I wanted to read it! Julie from Peanut Butter Fingers wrote
"I purchased it because a quote on the front cover said it was “unputdownable” and as I began reading, I realized the quote was more than accurate. I ended up making my way through three quarters of the book in one sitting and was immediately drawn into the dark plotline by the smart yet incredibly disturbing narrator whose character became more complex with each chapter. It’s an easy read and I recommend it to to anyone looking for a page turner that’s creative and also quite chilling."



These are the only books I have on my Reading list these days... which is probably a good thing since I seem to have no time to actually read anything except for school books and math textbooks... fun I know! Anyways, I wanted to get some input from you guys on any great books you've read lately?  I'd like to have a good go-to list of books to read that way when I find myself bored and looking for a good read I'll have plenty of options to pick from!

What are some good books you've read recently?

3 comments:

  1. The Dinner sounds good, I will have to add it to my list of things to read.

    Roxanne @ Simply Roxilicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol about the 50 Shades... I'm surprised I've not read any review of them in the #2014BloggerChallenge posts I've read. I read them all too. They were so, so, so awfully written, but I literally couldn't put them down!

    I also keep on seeing great reviews about The Fault In Our Stars too, so that's on my reading list too.

    I'm also part of the #2014BloggerChallenge and posted about my favourite book of 2013 - I Am Pilgrim, by Terry Hayes: http://www.shabby-chic-home.com/2014bloggerchallenge/book-review-i-am-pilgrim/.

    Victoria, x shabby-chic-home.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read all 3 books of the 50 Shades but I didn't like them very much I just was curious about how the story would end. I really enjoyed reading The Hunger Games.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...