Saturday, May 24, 2014

Post Grad Life: Week 1

Well it's been just over a week since I graduated last Thursday.  I still can't believe I wont be going back to school in the fall.  After 16 years of school its hard to imagine being done.  So what have I been up to in the first week of my post grad life? Well I had two interviews with two different school districts, I had a demo lesson for one of those two districts (Out of 50 applicants, I was 1 of the 3 who made it to demo lessons) I had to brag a little bit because later that day I got a call from the district saying they picked another candidate because they have a couple of years of experience (not fair! I just graduated!) So that's about it on the job front right now, still no job and I'm clearly not happy about it either.  Everyone says it will come though so I just need to be patient. 

During the time of all of these interviews and demo lessons, I also got pretty sick.  I think all the adrenaline fro student teaching, senior week, and graduation finally wore off and my immune system was just shot.  I think my body just needed so rest.  Unfortunately for about a week I had a pretty bad cold that just wouldn't give up.  Thankfully I think my body has made a full recovery. 

In other news, the lease on my college house is up at the end of May so I've been spending a lot of time getting all the crap out of that house.  I'm amazed at how much I was able to fit into my room in the house.  It definitely wasn't a huge room but I made it work.


I hate moving! Here's the last pile of stuff that I moved out of the house today.  My mom and I moved out a ton of clothing and school supplies last weekend.  I spent a lot of time organizing and finding places for all of that stuff in my room throughout the week.  In addition to everything you see here, my car still needs to be unpacked, and my dresser, desk, bookshelf, and bed aren't even in the picture! There is so much stuff I don't even know what to do with it all! My main task this upcoming week will be to find a place for all of this stuff!

Finally, I hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend! I know I am.  Barbeques for days... and birthdays.. because my birthday is on Tuesday!!! I'm going to be 22 :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...