Thursday, June 19, 2014

I'm Right Where I'm Supposed to Be

I'm a pretty firm believer that everything happens for a reason. I believe the people that come in and out of our lives and the things we experience, good or bad, all have a meaning. It's easy to get caught up in looking at peoples facebook posts, instagrams, and blog posts and thinking how great their lives must be.  It's also easy to start telling yourself that your life isn't as fun or exciting or meaningful because you are not doing what everyone else is doing.

I've gone through phases where I've compared my life, my friends, and my experiences with others and it'd definitely brought me down at times.  I've had days, weeks, and even months when I've gotten down on myself because I wasn't in the popular crowd, didn't have a boyfriend when everyone else did, or didn't go out to concerts, parties, etc. like others were doing every weekend.  Don't get me wrong, I had boyfriends, friends, and I did go out but it just seemed that everyone else had more glamorous and fun lives than mine was. 

Being 22 now, I definitely feel I have gotten over a lot of these insecurities.  I know that everything in my life is here for a reason and everything I don't have at the moment has a reason as well.  I'm so proud of myself for graduating college, with honors I might add, and finding a full time teaching job in a high school that I cannot wait to start working at! I have super supportive parents, and a sister and cousins who I am extremely close with.  I may not have a man at the moment, but I've been lucky enough to surround myself with amazing friends who I know will always be there to support me.

Over the last couple of years, I've definitely learned that even though I may look back and wish I had done things differently, wished for different outcomes, or saw myself doing different things... I know I'm right where I'm supposed to be. 

1 comment:

  1. You are definitely right where you need to be Kristen. We are so very proud of all that you have accomplished and look forward to watching you succeed as a teacher. You are a wonderful daughter. Love Mom.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...