Sunday, June 1, 2014

The Big Move

The lease for my house up at school ended on May 30th.  I'd been living in the house along with 3 of my friends for the past two years.  I'm absolutely amazed at the amount of crap that we accumulated in that house over the past two years! As I was cleaning out my small room I couldn't believe all the stuff I had fit into every inch of that place.  I was a little impressed with how clean I kept it with all that stuff in there (I'm not saying it was spotless all the time but it was decent).  

Before I started packing up I had to purge. Everything I didn't want to bring home with me was thrown out. I went through all of my school books, binders, etc. and threw out what I no longer needed.  Then I went to my drawers which were overflowing with clothes and I got rid of a ton.  Even after going through everything and throwing out what I could I still had a lot of stuff. 


I mean seriously... all that crap.. And that's only one of about 4 piles I brought home from my college house.

My dilemma now is that I'm moving back into my parents house (I know it's not ideal but hey I'll be saving a ton of money) and my room at home still has a lot of stuff in it.  Now I'm faced with trying to fit two rooms worth of stuff into one.  Help!!!  In the mean time I'm also thinking I need to re-do my room.  It definitely needs to be updated now that I'm out of college.

It's still a work in progress.


I'm definitely planning on getting a new comforter, probably some new furniture, and definitely a fresh coat of paint on the walls.  This is going to be my summer project.  I'll keep you updated.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...